Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The club, the sypnoptic frenzy I love.

So I was reading up on some paper concerning nightlife in the globally emerging 24hr city, by George Rigakos. He mentioned fairly obvious points that I just want to expand upon in laymans terms cause I piss excellence.
So Mr. Rigakos talks about what gives clubs their affect on club-goers that cause them to devour each other "as objects of aesthetic consumption".
He blames it on a mix of:

- Bad lighting
- loud music
- alcohol

I concur, Why? Well we start off with the terribly lighting , it masks the small imperfections, it witholds your senses as to allow for a better candidate. The alcohol helps in ones ability to inhibit once again their senses and therefore aid in their building of the perfect fuckable candidate. See a pattern arising? Well the dissorientingly loud music allows for minimal vocal communication. So the aesthetically attractive piece that you've created isn't tainted by personality, or stupid opinion. A concoction made in heaven that gives you a blank canvas of a person to project your perfect fuck onto.
Oh how I love the club scene

No comments:

Post a Comment